The information we collect about you consists of:
1) The information you provide to us:
• Contact information you provide through your booking and registration process; and
• Information provided through the method by which you make any payment to us.
2) Information we collect automatically through:
• your use of our services; and
• via any social media that you have followed or chosen to interact on.
How we use your personal information:
Limnos Experience collects and uses Guest’s personal information for the following purposes:
• To send information and updates pertaining to a Guest’s booking or registration and to respond to their enquiries and requests;
• To provide personalise the Guest’s experience at our venue; and
• To communicate with Guests about our services, courses and events taking place at our venue; and
• For insurance purposes and our Guest’s safety and security.
If at any time a Guest would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail sent, alternatively, a Guest may contact us via the Website.
How we share collected information:
We do not sell, trade, or rent Guests personal identification information to others.
Information that does not identify any individual person may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other promotional uses.
What Information might be shared with third parties:
From time to time, we work with third-party service providers in connection with updates and development of the Website and for application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
How we store and protect collected information
We keep a limited about of information provided by Guests in paper form or stored on data storage systems within our offices and we ensure that such information can only be accessed with employees of Limnos Experience. We also use cloud based data hosting service providers to host and store the information we collect and we rely on the data hosting providers’ technical measures to secure your data on their systems.
While we look into such data hosting service providers safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that their systems or data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on such systems is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will, promptly upon our becoming aware of such, respond to and inform Guests of any breaches of security or other significant issues arising in relation to such storage systems.
As you browse our Websites, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with us.
The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or telephone number.
How long is the data kept
We retain data on Guests for up to seven years from when they last contacted us or, if earlier, at any time that a Guest has explicitly ask us to delete it.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time by writing to or emailing us at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our legal grounds for using your information.
This section contains information about the legal basis that we are relying on when handling your information.
This means that the processing is necessary for legitimate interest in providing our services to Guests when you decide to use our services and for us to promote Limnos Experience’s services to you. This includes making sure we are able to enforce our rights against you.
Necessary for a contract:
We will need to use your information in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you. For example, we need your name and contact details so that we can send confirmations of bookings to you.
We may ask for your consent to use your information in certain ways. If we asked for your consent to use your personal information you can withdraw this consent to any time. Any use of your information before you withdraw remains valid.
What decisions can you make about your information?
From May 2018 data protection legislation gives you a number of rights regarding information. Some of these are new rights whilst others build on your existing rights. Your rights are as follows:
- If information is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it;
- You can, also, ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy (a fee may be charged). We will also give you extra information, such as why we use this information about you, where it came from and what happens to people we have sent it to;
- You can ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances, for example, we where we no longer need information;
- You can ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
- Our use of information about you may be restricted in some cases. For example, if you tell us that the information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes once we check its accuracy;
- You can object to direct marketing;
- Claim compensation for damages caused by breach of data protection regulations.
For further information and guidance:
This notice is to explain how your personal information. Please feel free to ask any additional questions which you might have. Like other organisations we need to keep your information safe, only use it for what we said we would, destroyed when we no longer need it and most importantly, treat the information we receive fairly.
If you contact Limnos Experience requesting this information, this is called a subject access request. Subject access requests should be made by e-mail and be addressed to the customer relations at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, Limnos Experience will disclose the requested data. However, we will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from Limnos Experience legal advisers, where necessary.
If you consider that we have not acted properly when using your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Last updated on May 24, 2018